Employment Law – for Employers
We have extensive experience representing large employers with sophisticated Human Resource departments. We also work with smaller companies that have less experience dealing with employee disputes and the complex web of legislation dedicated to the workplace. The services we provide include:
- Preparation of Employment Contracts and Job Offer Letters
- Managing the Termination of Employees
- Civil Claims for Wrongful Dismissal
- Pursuing Departing Employees for Breach of Restrictive Covenants (Non-Solicitation, Misuse of Confidential Information, etc.)
- Grievance Arbitration
- Allegations of Workplace Harassment or Reprisals
- Human Rights Claims
- Managing an Employee’s Return to Work after Leave
- Introducing Various Workplace Policies, including:
- Workplace Violence and Harassment Policies
- Compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Privacy Policies
We have represented employers before the civil courts, arbitrators, mediators, the Workplace Safety Insurance Appeals Tribunal, the Human Rights Tribunal and the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
Employers who manage their Human Resources without proper advice risk breaching the requirements of employment standards, workplace safety and human rights statutes, and expose themselves to large damage awards. We provide practical advice to help our clients meet their statutory obligations.